Vai al contenuto

Thinking of buying a MINI. Are they reliable?

mark77

Messaggi raccomandati

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to get a used 2007 MINI from a local dealership. My parents have been warning me about problems with timing belts and tensioners on the 07 and later models. After reading some stories online, I'm a bit worried. The car's got about 56000 miles on it, and seems fine from what I could tell on the test drive. The carfax only shows oil changes at 35000 and 40000 miles as well as being serviced by the dealer. I've already arranged to take the car for an inspection tomorrow before I decide to buy or not. Should I still be worried if the inspection goes well? I've had trouble with spending a lot of money on repairs in the past and don't wanna deal with the stress anymore.

Any advice?

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

35 minuti fa, mark77 ha scritto:

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to get a used 2007 MINI from a local dealership. My parents have been warning me about problems with timing belts and tensioners on the 07 and later models. After reading some stories online, I'm a bit worried. The car's got about 56000 miles on it, and seems fine from what I could tell on the test drive. The carfax only shows oil changes at 35000 and 40000 miles as well as being serviced by the dealer. I've already arranged to take the car for an inspection tomorrow before I decide to buy or not. Should I still be worried if the inspection goes well? I've had trouble with spending a lot of money on repairs in the past and don't wanna deal with the stress anymore.

Any advice?

Hello @mark77 buy only if they have rebuilt the engine

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

2 minuti fa, The_poser ha scritto:

Hello @mark77 buy only if they have rebuilt the engine

Hi welcome to you and your future MINI. /  Ciao benvenuto a te e alla tua futura MINI. 

Leave, let, forget that engine (year 2007) that is the source of many problems due to abnormal consumption of oil. You better look for something after 2011 (and always with periodic maintenance performed and certified!)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• Crea Nuovo...