Vai al contenuto

Transmission Noise while in Park

Donnieclark

Messaggi raccomandati

Hello,
I have a 2012 Cooper S (R56 I believe) automatic, with just over 65k Kms. Yesterday it just started to make a loud clicking noise (with vibration) felt on the gear stick, when the car is in Park, while depressing the brake pedal. If I depress the brake pedal there is no sound or vibration while the car is in Drive or Reverse - only while in Park mode. I read in a few forums that this is a normal noise, and this is a locking solenoid that allows the stick to move from Park to gear. Well, I am not so sure if this is normal, since it just started - it is loud enough that I can hear the noise over the radio, and with a fair amount of knock/vibration felt on the gear stick. Impossible to not hear it before - I am fairly OCD with car noises and I know this would've not pass my Wolverine-like hearing skills.
Couple questions for you guys:
* Is this the first symptom of a major problem? I've also read people that get their car stuck in Park (faulty solenoid?)
* Is this Solenoid something that can be replaced, or does the whole gearing stick apparatus needs to be replaced?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://www.mini2.com/forum/third-generation-faults-fixes/32102645874-transmission-noise-while-park.html

advertisement examples

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Sorry but you have 1 MINI F56? or Mini R56? In discussing the problem of the remaining clock, talk about MINI F56 and here instead R56?

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• Crea Nuovo...