Vai al contenuto
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

mega MINI forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thinking of buying a MINI. Are they reliable?

Featured Replies

Inviato

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to get a used 2007 MINI from a local dealership. My parents have been warning me about problems with timing belts and tensioners on the 07 and later models. After reading some stories online, I'm a bit worried. The car's got about 56000 miles on it, and seems fine from what I could tell on the test drive. The carfax only shows oil changes at 35000 and 40000 miles as well as being serviced by the dealer. I've already arranged to take the car for an inspection tomorrow before I decide to buy or not. Should I still be worried if the inspection goes well? I've had trouble with spending a lot of money on repairs in the past and don't wanna deal with the stress anymore.

 

Any advice?

 
Inviato
35 minuti fa, mark77 ha scritto:

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to get a used 2007 MINI from a local dealership. My parents have been warning me about problems with timing belts and tensioners on the 07 and later models. After reading some stories online, I'm a bit worried. The car's got about 56000 miles on it, and seems fine from what I could tell on the test drive. The carfax only shows oil changes at 35000 and 40000 miles as well as being serviced by the dealer. I've already arranged to take the car for an inspection tomorrow before I decide to buy or not. Should I still be worried if the inspection goes well? I've had trouble with spending a lot of money on repairs in the past and don't wanna deal with the stress anymore.

 

Any advice?

 

Hello @mark77 buy only if they have rebuilt the engine

Inviato
2 minuti fa, The_poser ha scritto:

Hello @mark77 buy only if they have rebuilt the engine

Hi welcome to you and your future MINI. /  Ciao benvenuto a te e alla tua futura MINI. 

Leave, let, forget that engine (year 2007) that is the source of many problems due to abnormal consumption of oil. You better look for something after 2011 (and always with periodic maintenance performed and certified!)

Account

Navigation

Cerca

Cerca

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.